Monday 21 November 2011

//End of Module Evaluation//

1.What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Throughout this module I have developed a range of skills, for example in the illustrator brief, which I was pretty pleased with, before coming here I had never used illustrator and my skills on photoshop were behind limited, so for me to produce an alphabet at all was an achievement. Other skills which I feel I have developed are organisational skills as my work improving all the time in the form of my blog, as i am starting to organise my time so that i spend a certain amount of time blogging every week.

2.What approaches to/methods of idea generation have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Within this module there have been many different ways of generating ideas, At the beguiling of the year I worked in a sketchbook generating ideas and doing mini mind maps, however as time went on i found it difficult working on such a small scale. I started to use design sheets as a quick and effective way of generating ideas quickly, i found it much easier to develop ideas on a large scale as it gave me room to swap and change things. I also find the blog very useful, Ive never had a blog in the past but find it helpful in the sense that if any work gets lost or damage in any way it is all saved digitally and so is always available, as well as making it easy to look at other peoples work and development.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

One strength which I can identify is that I am very willing to learn, I am eager and love to try new things, things is a bonus as my work can have a range of styles to it, I think this is important as not all work should be the same.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

One huge weakness in my work is my lack of software skills, I struggle to do final pieces within the time limit as I take so much longer than everyone else to do simple things, In the future I will attend extra session on a wednesday with Simon in the Mac suit in order to develop my software skills. I also feel like my blogging skills could improve, the language I use and the amount I use blogger could be improved by doing more.

5. Identify 5 things which you will do differently next time and what you expect to gain form doing this?

  • Improve my time management, make sure that I organise my time in every project so i have enough time for development, and experimentation
  • Make sure to book time slots in the printing room
  • And things to my PPP blog which I find visually pleasing or interesting.
  • Start final pieces earlier so i have more time to print and make any relevant changes.
  • Use the mac suit and the help offered more efficiently. 
How would you grade yourself on the following areas 
5= Excellent 
4= Very good 
3=Good 
2= Average  
1=Poor
  • Attendance = Excellent 5
  • Punctuality = Excellent  5
  • Motivation= Good 3
  • Commitment = Good 3
  • Quantity of work produced= Average/poor 2/1
  • Qaulity of work produced = Average 2
  • Contribution to the group = Good 3

No comments:

Post a Comment