Thursday 22 September 2011

//Alphabet Soup//10 of my Favourite letters//

Over the summer we were asked to complete a series of tasks for the beginning of the course, one of which was to produce an alphabet which visually communicates your own personally or interests. Here are my 10 favourite letters from my alphabet. My alphabet was based on what i did over the summer, so my letters all had individual themes, all of which were linked to my 3 month trip to Europe, I focused on all the different things which reminded me of my travels and my time working in Croatia. I think if i were to do it again I would use photoshop, in order to give the letters a cleaner finish.
I designed my letters so that each one represents something ,I and J Stand for Ice cream and Jet skis. 


W and X stand for Watermelon and Xiphias (Swordfish)


C and D stand for Croatia and Dolphins


A stands for Aeroplane and B stands for Boats


Y stands for Yacht week and Z sands for Zadar, a city in Croatia.

 Part two of the task was to find 20 examples of each letter in the alphabet, I used the internet and magazines to do this. I used David Airey's Website as i really like his Alphabets, he uses many different ways of working such as Human bodies, photography and light. http://www.davidairey.com/alphabet-photo-art-gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment