Wednesday 2 May 2012

Development for Its your choice


For my first proverb 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' meaning keep your options open. I decided to illustrate it very literally, so I started by using the pen tool and dawning all these shapes and animals. I changed the colours numerous times and the style also changed throughout working on this poster. 









 Since producing this poster I have gone back and changed it, as I didn't like the colours and wanted to change the colours of the chickens. 


Below is my development for my second poster with the proverb of ' every dog has its day' don't panic one day you will be succesful . I started by dawning up these dogs and colouring them in, I wanted there to be several different ones with difference colours and collars. the idea was that the dogs would be placed on a wall as if they were photographs of winning  dogs. 










I created frames for all of them then made them look like they were hanging on the wall.  The type I used for them is called Skinny Regular.  
Below is the development for my third poster  I stared off using the proverb 'A Hog in satin is still a hog' however this quote was not very inspirational and so I changed it for 'One cannot have bacon and keep the pig too' meaning that you often have to make sacrifices in order to get what we want.


 I created these and added a crown and pearls to the pig, which compares it to the other pigs. it shows that are still the same even though one has additions to it.




After changing my proverb I created these as alternative imagery I used bacon and scales instead of using the pig with the crown.  








1 comment:

  1. I really like the bacon/pig one. Correction on the "every dog" one. It should say "its" and not "it's". "It's" is a contraction of it+is and you wouldn't say "every dog has it is day". :)
    Great work! Love your man brew tea labels and the coffee sleeves and the rain posters (especially liked the negative space on your first poster).

    ReplyDelete