Wednesday 21 March 2012

Experimentation leading to Final Designs


I traces the shape of the Uk to produce my waste overflow stamp, I then filled the shape with a patterns of Can lids which helps encourage people to recycle more. 


This was the shape I used to trace the queens head from, after looking at several different ones I decided that this one would work as it was simple in design and easily recognisable.  




I used simple shapes to create these lorries and vans, I simply just added shapes together of illustrator and then changed the colours, overall i am pretty pleased with the overall look of the designs.


I wanted to use simple colours which would complicate the design, so i went with slightly off Pastel shades.  


Below is the cover in which my stamps will be placed, it has two folds instead of one and so wraps around the stamps rather than opening on to them. I wanted to keep the colour scheme together and so used the same blues as i did in the stamp set. I have also added a bar code and royal mail logo.




I wanted to produce a poster to go with my stamp set and so i started to experiment with styles and information layout, however i decided that i didn't like this one as I Think it looks too simple in design and too similar to the stamps themselves. It isn't interesting enough and doesn't intrigue the audience. so i decided to keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment