Tuesday 24 January 2012

Evaluation, Focus and Development- Key questions

Evaluation

Whats the Problem?

Tea packaging have a target audience of women when most men also buy and drink tea in many different flavours,


What subject/ focus area are you focusing on?
Packaging for hot drinks to begun with such as coffee and hot chocolate as well as tea.


To what depth are you investigating this area/ subject? is this sufficient?
I have used surveys and questionnaires to help me with initial research, I have also used books and the internet to help, I am now moving from focusing on hot drinks to more specifically tea.


What is the form and about of research to date?
I have done both primary and secondary research, and mostly quantitive data, I plan on asking some questions which will have qualitative answers.


What visual material do you have to work with?
 I have collected many images from the internet and books, as well as hopefully taking photos of my own.


Is there an appropriate amount of work for the time you have had to develop it?
 I think i could have don more work really, and I am not 100% happy with the amount I have done, I think i could have done more research considering it is a research project, I also think I should have done some more experimentation into different ideas and final products.


What is your timescale? when is the deadline?
Wednesday the 8th of February


WHat is achievable in the timescale available
Complete my final products to a high standard, and before do some more research into masculine design.


What methods are you using to evaluated the progress of your ideas?
I am using my blog to help with my ideas and collection of imagery


Focus
What are you identifying as areas to be developed further?
 My idea generation was quite slow in this project, but after some help from Joe I managed to come up with a few ideas, I also think I could have down more research.


What are you trying to communicate?
how tea can also be a masculine thing as well as feminine


What audience have you identified?
Men


What problems have you identified?
many men i have asked say they just drink Breakfast tea and not herbal tea so this could be difficult when trying to sell the flavoured teas.


How do you inter to solve these?
by adding health benefits with specifically relate to Men and by making the packaging masculine.


What further research does this require?
research into masculine design and patterns


Development


Have you moved on from your initial starting point? if so how and why?
I was originally thinking about doing coffee packaging but there wasn't really a point to it and there is a huge amount of well designed coffee packaging on the market already, so it seemed pointless, so i have moved on to do tea packaging aimed at men instead.


What methods are you using to document this development?
 Blog and design sheets


What processes will you need to use to develop your work?
 I am still learning on illustrator so I will pronely get help from simon in the Mac suit, i will be using illustrator to make my patterns.


Do these processes require workshop access?
 No











No comments:

Post a Comment