Thursday 5 April 2012

406 Evaluation

Interim Evaluation
Stamp it
This was the most recent project which was completed, we were given the brief which was to create a set of 4 or 6 stamps, which had to raise awareness about global issues. I went with the idea of designing 6 individual stamps which worked together as a set but were all based on a different environmental global issue. the issues which I looked at were deforestation, rising temperatures, Sea pollution, Air pollution, extinct species and  Waste overflow. Overall i m pleased with my stamps however I think I could have linked them to a campaign or charity which helps with global issues such as these ones above. 

Communication is a Virus



These are the products which were produced as part of the Communication is a virus brief. I worked in a group with Jenna, Beth and Emily, i think we worked wells a team, we all had quite similar ideas and a lll managed to meet up after Uni to do work. this made the project overall very enjoyable. The project itself was based on trying to give more to people, we chose to give more smiles. We wanted to aim it at an office audience, but after feedback we decided against this, and we made the whole thing broader and more light hearted.we produce Quirky cup holders and put them into 2 cafes outside of uni as well as a calendar and cup holders. this project helped me to be more confident when pitching an idea.

The Rain poster Brief
This brief was live and we were designing for a real audience,The task was set within a short timescale and so we all had to work quickly, starting with research, experimentation and development and finally final outcome. I decided to base my idea on a the song I'm singing in the rain, I wanted it to have a and rendered feel to it and so I drew everything by hand first.The idea was to try and make rain britain sound intriguing, so I wanted to use positive imagery and words.


100 things and How Too


Out of all of the briefs so far I defiantly enjoyed this one the most, I liked the freedom we had to develop our ideas and the time we were given really helped with this too. The brief was simple, we had to pick a topic and research into it, we needed 100 things on different areas of that topic. we then had to produce 10 final products which linked to the research. the structure of the research meant that it was simple to organise what I was going to focus on. I struggled a bit at first as i knew i was going to focus on hot drinks but at first i was leaning towards coffee and found it difficult to find an audience which hadn't already been targeted. 


How too... Cure Hiccups
This was a group project,however we started by doing our own research and designing outcomes w which could come together and make a series. We started by looking at Pepto- Bismol packaging and decided to redesign it. From the previous project we all decided to stick to a visual theme of Victorian design. so we then looked into threes about how to get rid of hiccups and legends as well as gypsies folk medicines. I really enjoyed working in groups for this and i think we all worked well together. we all designated jobs for each other and everyone went of and did their own thing. when this was done everyone came together and we managed to produce new packaging as well as posters for Pepto Bismol. 
Pro-verbally yours- mail shot
 We were all given a profession and we were told we had to link it to the proverb which was used in the last project. So I had to link an author with 'not everything is as it seems' and make them work together. i found this quite difficult and in the end I decided to focus on Water stones and their book related events. I hand drew everything as I wanted it to appeal to appeal to first and secondary schools, as the events which go on in Waterstones are usually book signings and Authors coming in to tea there work to younger generations. I used a ale pink and black so it would stand out. i think packaged them so they could be easily handed out and sealed them with a Water stones sticker.  found this project particularly challenging. 


Proverbally yours-Not everything is as it seems.


This brief was very specific in the sense that we had a 2 colour restriction and we were given the proverb which we were going to work on. I Really struggled with this brief as it was the first time i had used any of the programs and so it took me longer than expected to produce the simplest design. I wanted the design to be eye catching in theory and so I used controversial imagery. However I released how important research and development is during this project. I don't really like the final outcome but I worked with the skills i had at the time.


 Alphabet soup-Part
This brief was very straight forward however I feel like I struggled to portray the message. we war given a parter, mine was grey and we had to show their personality or an aspect of the personality through the alphabet. We discussed each others personality traits, likes and dislike as well as each others background and interests. I found out that greg was afraid of Spiders so I decided to do my letters in spider webs. I think this was a bad decision as when i got my feedback people said it was difficult to tell what it was about, many thought that greg loved spiders instead of being scared of them.


Alphabet soup- Extra
 This was the first project we were given, it was based on type. we were given a word and we had to chose a letter and show the word through the letter. i chose the letter h and I was given the word Build. So I wanted to show this with layer and lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment