Wednesday 30 January 2013

504 Evaluation



1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have looked a lot more into different research methods, i have tried doing surveys and asking people questions to their faces as well as looking a secondary research in more detail. I have also developed my skills on in Dreamweaver and In design whilst completing my publications and website. I have tried to apply these skills to the best of my ability.I did really struggle with the coding aspect of Web and had to get help on several occasions, however I manage to complete my website with 3 working pages. Even though I struggled with the coding side, I did still really enjoy designing and doing scamps for my website. The fact that the website was not based on us made it easier to produce content, and find relevant imagery. In the future I would like to learn more about web so that I can apply it to my work. The ISTD brief was my favourite of the briefs, I took a more print approach than a web approach to this brief rather ethan a digital media approach as i think 


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Overall I have enjoyed doing these briefs, I really feel like experimenting with different print processes involved in the business has helped me discover new ways of working and therefore made me develop different skills which I can apply to my work in the future. Different techniques which I have tried are screen printing on to both fabric and paper and different types of digital printing. As well as print process I have also developed new skills in finishing techniques, I have tried both Foiling, embossing and I have used the Lazor cutter. One totally new thing within these briefs was web, in the past I had never worked with web or any online media, however doing web within these briefs has helped me broaden my skills within graphic design. I have produced more design sheets than normal, organising my layout on design sheets for my publications really helped, and this has defiantly helped me develop my ideas. my design sheets are better quality than previously, Design sheets have helped me move from my rough ideas on to my final products. 


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I really enjoyed Making the final product for the ISTD brief  and so i think it has shown in the work, I overall pleased with my final products from this brief, i think making the packaging was something i enjoyed and so i will hopefully do it again. I really wanted to try new methods of working so that i can expand my skills, I think I have achieved this in this project and will defiantly apply the skills I have learnt to my work in the future

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

One weakness which is very obvious within all  of my projects is not enough research, if I were to go back and redo them I would start by researching everything in much more detail. Another thing which i would address in the future would be to do more design sheets. Another thing which I would address in the future would be to blog in more detail the sessions, as i thin this would of helped me when making my website as I did really struggle with the making and coding of the website.   

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • I would start my research much earlier into a wider range of things, as well as things which rant directly linked to the project but which is surrounding research to get more of a feel for the area of choice. 
  • Within the ISTD Brief I would Do some more products instead of just sticking to several designs for the product, I think more of a range would have been more refreshing.
  • I would also look more into the area which I am looking at, for example I would look into producing more of a range of products for the ISTD brief, and look more into digital products,
  • I would try to manage my time better and give myself time periods to do things, as well a writing myself lists and trying to be more organised.
  • I would do more design sheets, I have found that they have really helped me in the last project and I wish I had done more within the web project.  



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 
(please indicate using an ‘x’)  

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation

x



Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced

x



Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group


x




No comments:

Post a Comment