Tuesday 19 March 2013

Colour Experimentation

Pattern 1 - Roses  
After producing the first pattern which will be applied to my greetings card I had to decide on a colour scheme for the design, I wanted it to look bright and colourful, and not necessarily lifelike, so here are the colours I tried with. The scheme I will go with will most probably be the one at the bottom.




Bright yellow, Yellow, Light orange, Dark orange, Black, White



Pastel purple, Light Maroon, Dark Violet, Pastel Violet. Black and White

Light green, Pastel green, Rose ink, Light pink, Black and White. 





Coral, Bright pink, White, Dark Coral, Black and Purple.











Pattern 2- Trees
I have only experimented with 3 sets of colours on this pattern as i know that i want them to be Light colours, and preferable a yellow, a blue and an green, i have tried different shades of each. I have come to the conclusion that the first colour scheme works best, as there will only be a small amount in this pattern so i need it to be a bright a possible.

Blue Turquoise, Pink and lime green 

 Pastel blue, Pa;e pink, Green
Blue, Pink and Bright green 



Pattern 3 - Bikes
I didn't really know exactly who this specific pattern would be aimed at when I first produced it, however I have decided that the last colour scheme fits my audience the best and therefore I will be using this one. 







Pattern 4- Tea
With this design I felt like it was quite open as to what colour to use, there was no limit on what to chose so I have tried out several different colours to see which one works best,

Green, yellow, black and turquoise.



Pink, yellow, black, white and cream.







Purple, Pastel pink, Pastel Purple, white and black

  
Bright blue, Pastel blue, red, white and black,







No comments:

Post a Comment